NamingThis plant first appeared in scientific literature in 1839, from a specimen growing in Charles von Hügel's garden. Published in ''Novarum stirpium decades editae a Museo Caesario Palatino Vindobonensi'' by the botanist Stephan Endlicher.
Prior to 2002, this species was known as ''Dillwynia floribunda'' var. ''teretifolia'' Blakely. The main character that separates these two species is leaf shape - rounded versus flattened, and on habitat preferences.
Some text fragments are auto parsed from Wikipedia.