Contests

Learn about our special photo assignments and win cool prizes!
  1. [contest ended, you can no longer participate in this contest]

Dear all,

I am proud to present the second JungleDragon photo contest in which both you and nature itself will be paid. This concerns the October 2012 contest. Please see below the prices and rules.

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

1. If you're not yet a member of JungleDragon, join
    2. Post a comment on this thread to confirm you are participating
    3. You're in. Upload wildlife photos to compete in the contest.

PRIZES

1. 100$ in cash for the best photo, judged by its karma score which is calculated from image resolution, inclusion of exif/iptc info, votes, comments, views and favorites automatically.

2. 100$ in cash for the person that contributes the most photos. For example, you may have submitted 50 great photos but you did not win the "best photo" prize. This prize values the contribution you made despite not having the one best photo. Note that only photos that comply with JungleDragon's policy count, see rules below.

3. 100$ for nature. To show our commitment to wildlife preservation, JungleDragon will donate 100$ to a wildlife charity that is to be decided as per the end of this contest.

RULES

1. Use only one JungleDragon account per person

2. The contest runs from Oct 1 - Oct 31 2012, only photos submitted between that period apply to the contest. Do not repost photos you contributed earlier.

3. Payment to the winners is done via Paypal only

4. The normal photo rules apply for this contest:

- You must be the owner of the image
    - The image must be on topic (wildlife, nature landscapes, animals, plants)
    - Slight variations of the same scene count as one contribution only
    - Frames and watermarks allowed but keep it reasonable
    - Post a reasonable minimum resolution and image quality

5. Put effort into sharing your photo. Provide a meaningful title and description. If you can and where relevant, identify the specie on the photo. Geotagging is also encouraged, but optional. Do not "dump-and-go". Photos without any metadata do not qualify for the "most photos" prize.

6. You are allowed and even encouraged to market your own contributions outside JungleDragon

7. Although we will not prevent you from deleting your own images, you are expected to keep your contributions on JungleDragon for all to enjoy after the contest.

8. It is not possible for the same person to earn both prize 1 and 2. Even if a single person has both the best and the most photos contributes, one prize will be rewarded only. The second prize will then go to the runner-up.

9. Should the interest and amount of contributions in the contest be too small to reasonably select a valid winner, the organizer has the right to change the contest setup or to extend the timeline of the contest.

10. Any photos submitted by the owner of JungleDragon (me) do not participate in the contest.

11. And the final rule...good luck and have fun!
    Replied 6 years ago, modified 6 years ago
  2. Of course I am in! Won't win the most photos though, I bet. I am too selective, but hey maybe I'll change that;) Naah. Good luck all!
    Nice competition Ferdy! May the best woman/man win, and lots of fun in this run!

Signed, Ludo
    Replied 6 years ago
  3. Thank you Ludo, glad you're in. Good luck and have fun! Replied 6 years ago
  4. Yep, count me in as well. Good timing on the Competition as I am currently in Austria taking a few photos. Have to upload them when I return. Replied 6 years ago
  5. Count me in, too! (Not for the win, but for the fun...) Replied 6 years ago
  6. @DragonC and @gglaeser: thanks for joing and enjoy! Spread the word. Replied 6 years ago
  7. I'm in) Replied 6 years ago
  8. @Andrey: Thanks for confirming! Replied 6 years ago
  9. Thanks for the opportunity, I'm in.

Shimi Eni
    Replied 6 years ago
  10. I'm in! Replied 6 years ago
  11. Welcome on board @Shimi and @Joost! Replied 6 years ago
  12. I'm new today and just seen this contest. Going to give it a shot, got to be in it to win it :-) Good luck everyone!! Replied 6 years ago
  13. Thanks for joining @pekin, good luck in the contest! Replied 6 years ago
  14. Would like to join the contest. Replied 6 years ago
  15. I would love to join the contest! Thanks for the opportunity! Replied 6 years ago
  16. excited about entering this!! some beautiful photo's on here Replied 6 years ago
  17. intersting!!! Replied 6 years ago
  18. Hello to all!) Replied 6 years ago
  19. Im in ! Replied 6 years ago
  20. I am in! Replied 6 years ago
  21. I want to participate! :) Replied 6 years ago
  22. Snap I'm in... Replied 6 years ago
  23. Wanted to show people my pictures I've taken..doesn't matter if I win just want to show. Replied 6 years ago
  24. I would like to participate Replied 6 years ago
  25. Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the contest. Let's all enjoy the ride, if only for the fun of it:) Replied 6 years ago
  26. I want in on the contest ;) Replied 6 years ago
  27. i would like to participate Replied 6 years ago
  28. I would like to join the contest, thank you. Replied 6 years ago
  29. When Nature calls--you answer! I am in on the contest. Replied 6 years ago
  30. Thanks to all new participants and good luck with the contest! And of course I hope you stick around after the contest as well :)

One small note, I spotted a few photos that are invalid, such as photos of pets, people and general objects. Those are not wildlife photos and therefore they are offtopic and will be deleted. I hope you understand.
    Replied 6 years ago
  31. count me in my first contest Replied 6 years ago
  32. Im in!! Replied 6 years ago
  33. I'd like to participate, please. Thank you. I like the site so far. :-) Replied 6 years ago
  34. Hi! Newbie here ;)
    Count me in.
    Replied 6 years ago
  35. I'm in! Replied 6 years ago
  36. What a good day today is, welcome to all the new members and good luck in the contest! Replied 6 years ago
  37. Hey everyone! I'm new here.
    I would love to participate. Thank you for the opportunity!
    Replied 6 years ago
  38. Nice Site! I´m new too, will enter the contest ;) Replied 6 years ago
  39. I'm in! Replied 6 years ago
  40. Looks like a fun one! I'm in. Replied 6 years ago
  41. Im in For sure check me out Replied 6 years ago
  42. Sounds like fun! Count me in! :) Replied 6 years ago
  43. I like it. Count me in. Replied 6 years ago
  44. I'm in :) Replied 6 years ago
  45. I'm in Replied 6 years ago
  46. I'm in! :) Replied 6 years ago
  47. I'm in! Replied 6 years ago
  48. I'm definitely in! Replied 6 years ago
  49. Nice to see so many new faces in the jungle - a very warm welcome to all of you!
    Please remember Ferdy's note: Keep this a wildlife-photo-site, don't post your pics if they're off topic! And please, give them titles that describe the contents - a simple "Parrot" would be much more valuable than just an "IMG_00095". Thanks!
    That said: Show your pics & have fun in the jungle!
    Replied 6 years ago
  50. I am in ... Replied 6 years ago
  51. I have created an account here and have uploaded some pics .... is that it to enter into the contest ?

I mean do I need to tag the pics or something like that???
  52. hi Bhavik: nope, you're in the contest by replying to this thread. Please read the instructions at the beginning of this thread. Replied 6 years ago
  53. And to all new members, indeed what @gglaeser said above:

- Only on-topic photos. So no photos of pets, people, buildings, objects. This is a site about nature and wildlife only.

- Give your photo at least a meaningful title, and also a description. If you can, identify the specie on the photo (you can do this to the right of the photo), and geotagging is also nice, but optional.

Why this last rule? If you just dump a photo without any context or metadata, nobody will know what they're looking at. Also, after about one hour your photo will be out of sight and nobody will ever see it again, since it will never come up by searching or browsing.

I will NOT grant the "most photos" prize to people who dump-and-go on a large scale.

Thanks for understanding these rules, they are for the better of this site and its users, not to hamper you.

Keep sharing, and good luck!
    Replied 6 years ago
  54. I'm in Replied 6 years ago
  55. I am new here but love this site, I'm in!!! Replied 6 years ago
  56. Welcome on board, Britney and Stephanie, good luck and have fun. We're glad to have you here. Replied 6 years ago
  57. I'd like to join the contest Replied 6 years ago
  58. Looking forward to participating in your contest! Thanks. Replied 6 years ago
  59. I would like to participate in the contest also. :) Replied 6 years ago
  60. Im in. Now which pictures to choose? Replied 6 years ago
  61. @Grey: That's up to you, as long as they are valid according to the JungleDragon rules :) Please see the rules on top of this thread. Replied 6 years ago
  62. I amin best of luck to all. Replied 6 years ago
  63. I am in on this. good luck. Replied 6 years ago
  64. i am in.. Replied 6 years ago
  65. Count me in. :) Replied 6 years ago
  66. Count me in
    Replied 6 years ago
  67. October 12, this is currently the winning photo:
    Lifeforms  Chamaeleo calyptratus,Chameleon,Veiled chameleon

Think you can do better? Keep sharing, there's plenty of time left.
  68. I am in Replied 6 years ago
  69. Count me in, but that's stiff competition :) Replied 6 years ago
  70. hello, ..... i love this site !!! Replied 6 years ago
  71. Would love to participate in your contests! Enjoying the site very much. Replied 6 years ago
  72. I'm in!! :) Replied 6 years ago
  73. I'm in! Replied 6 years ago
  74. I'm in! :)
    Replied 6 years ago
  75. Lots of photos coming your way!!! Replied 6 years ago
  76. I am definitely in!!! :) Replied 6 years ago
  77. Thanks for the great opportunity, I will definitely be entering! (: Replied 6 years ago
  78. Giving this a try Replied 6 years ago
  79. I will be entering :) Good luck to everyone else entering! Replied 6 years ago
  80. I would like to participate in the competition as well! Replied 6 years ago
  81. I'm in! Replied 6 years ago
  82. I'm in :) Replied 6 years ago
  83. im in Replied 6 years ago
  84. im in too Replied 6 years ago
  85. I'm new here too and I'm also in.
    Thanks!
    Replied 6 years ago
  86. I'm in! Replied 6 years ago
  87. I am participating Replied 6 years ago
  88. Hello, I think this looks like a hoot. I;m in. Lets get ready to rumble! Replied 6 years ago
  89. I love nature! Replied 6 years ago
  90. im in!!
    Replied 6 years ago
  91. :) count me in on the contest :) Replied 6 years ago
  92. Count me in! Replied 6 years ago
  93. Count me in as well. Replied 6 years ago
  94. im in! :) Replied 6 years ago
  95. count me in :) Replied 6 years ago
  96. yahooo!!! where to upload the picture entry? Replied 6 years ago
  97. I'm new here, but very excited to participate!!

I just need to figure out how exactly.. =P
    Replied 6 years ago
  98. @Djiin: Welcome to JungleDragon. By posting the above comment, you are already participating in the contest. You can now use the Upload button in the menu to start sharing images. Two particular points of attention:

- Stay on topic: only photos of nature and wildlife. Photos of people, buildings, objects and pets are offtopic and do not count.

- Share with care. For each photo, please take some time to at least enter a title and description.

Good luck!
    Replied 6 years ago
  99. I'm in!!! Replied 6 years ago
  100. Hi, I'm new here too. I'd like to enter also. Thank you. Replied 6 years ago
  101. i am in...!!! Replied 6 years ago
  102. Me too ..... having problems with uploading any pictures today :-( Replied 6 years ago
  103. @Martina: what's the problem? It seems to work for me just fine. Replied 6 years ago
  104. I'd like to join! Replied 6 years ago
  105. I'm in ! Replied 6 years ago
  106. I'm in :) Replied 6 years ago
  107. Greetings from me here in Norway!

I am in on this contest :)

Elise Marie
    Replied 6 years ago
  108. Hi- great to be in. Good luck to all. Replied 6 years ago
  109. @fchristant
    Thanks for the help! =D I barely made it back here on time, uploading in a minute!!
    Replied 6 years ago
  110. I am in Replied 6 years ago
  111. There like swimwear Replied 6 years ago
  112. I am in
    Replied 6 years ago
  113. @Sandy: sorry but you are too late, the contest is closed. Replied 6 years ago
  114. hello every body
    Replied 6 years ago

Forum rules

Be respectful to others. No spamming or trolling. No advertising. Mind your language. Post in the right forum. Thanks!

How to include photos, videos and more

You can include several objects in your forum topic and replies by simply pasting a URL in the body field. Examples:

Photo

https://www.jungledragon.com/image/7/elephant.html

Photo list

https://www.jungledragon.com/list/3/mammals.html

Tag

https://www.jungledragon.com/tag/12/elephants.html

User

https://www.jungledragon.com/user/2/fchristant.html

Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqRn3at0H60

Vimeo

https://vimeo.com/23864381