Contests

Learn about our special photo assignments and win cool prizes!
Feed
  1. Dear all,

At JungleDragon, we're planning for a hot and busy summer by organizing the Summer Games! The summer games are 3 nature photography competitions in a row, for the months of June, July and August 2014. Each month, the winner of the best photo is awarded by a jury, and granted a 100$ cash prize.

PLEASE CAREFULLY READ THE BELOW DETAILS AND RULES!

HOW TO PARTICIPATE

1. If you're not yet a member of JungleDragon, join: http://www.jungledragon.com/join
    2. Post a comment on this thread to confirm you are participating. Don't forget!
    3. You're in. Yes, really. All you need to do is join and post a comment here.
    4. Start uploading wildlife photos using the "Upload" button in the green navigation bar, taking into account the below photo rules.
    5. Your uploaded photos will automatically participate in the contest of the respective month

PHOTO RULES

1. You must be the copyright owner of the photos you submit, meaning you took the photo.

2. Your photos must be on topic. This is a wildlife photography website, and so is this contest. Do NOT post photos of people, objects or buildings. They will be deleted. Allowed: photos of natural landscapes, animals, plants and fungi in the wild, in zoos, and in your garden. Pet photos are not allowed.

3. Do not dump photos. On this site we share photos with care. This means that you are supposed to give your photos context by including meaningful details. You can set the title, description and tags on your photos using the "Edit details" button below the photo. Next, you try to identify the species on the photo (if you know it) using the "Identify species" button next to the photo. Optionally, you can geotag photos (or let JungleDragon detect those tags). Finally, it is recommended to include EXIF info in your photos so that others can learn from how you captured the scene. This rule is extremely important, share your photos like you share a story.

4. Do not share large series of near-duplicates. Instead, select a few best ones of the spotting, and share those.

5. Watermarks and frames allowed, but please keep them subtle.

6. Post a minimum resolution of 1024 pixels at the longest edge, higher is better.

7. Your photos are subject to the normal Terms and Conditions that apply on the site (http://www.jungledragon.com/about/tac). Summarizing these conditions: your photos remain yours, yet you grant us the right to display them with attribution to you on this website, and sometimes on related channels, such as JungleDragon's Twitter account.

PRIZE

This contest has a single 100 USD cash prize for the winner of the contest for that applicable month. The winner is determined by jury for submitting the best wildlife photo within the contest period and rules. The jury will take several factors into account including originality, technical quality, context and description, votes, and more. Please read the below contest rules carefully:

GENERAL CONTEST RULES

1. Use only one JungleDragon account per person

2. The contest runs from May 31st - August 31 2014, only submissions between that period apply to the contest. Do not repost submissions you contributed earlier.

3. Payment to the winner is done via Paypal or IBAN wire only

4. You are expected to keep your contributions on JungleDragon for all to enjoy after the contest.

5. Should the interest and amount of contributions in the contest be too small to reasonably select a valid winner, the organizer has the right to change the contest setup or to extend the timeline of the contest.

6. Any entries submitted by the owner of JungleDragon (me) do not participate in the contest.

7. And the final rule...good luck and have fun!
    Replied 5 months ago, modified 2 months ago
  2. Here it is - I confirm my participation. It's a real game! Replied 5 months ago
  3. I'll try to contribute. Replied 5 months ago
  4. I'm in, if not for a photo then it will be a good comment on one:) Replied 5 months ago
  5. I'm in. Replied 5 months ago
  6. Excellent Ferdy, I shall do my best to contribute! Replied 5 months ago
  7. I'm in and i'll do my best. Replied 5 months ago
  8. I would be happy to participate Replied 5 months ago
  9. I would be happy to participate Replied 5 months ago
  10. Yep, I'm in!! Good luck everyone.
    Replied 5 months ago
  11. Happily participating! Replied 5 months ago
  12. I am in. :) Replied 5 months ago
  13. I'm in! Replied 5 months ago
  14. I'm in!

P.S. - Can anyone tell me how to put a profile picture?
    Replied 5 months ago, modified 5 months ago
  15. I'm In!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Replied 5 months ago
  16. I'm In!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Replied 5 months ago
  17. I am eagerly joining the contest. Replied 5 months ago
  18. I am in Replied 5 months ago
  19. I want to confirm! Replied 5 months ago
  20. I'll join Replied 5 months ago
  21. I'm participating in this competition Replied 5 months ago
  22. I am happy to participate. Replied 5 months ago
  23. I am in.. Replied 5 months ago
  24. Im in! Replied 5 months ago
  25. I would like to participate! Replied 5 months ago
  26. Yes I am in ! Replied 5 months ago
  27. i am in Replied 5 months ago
  28. I would like to take part as well please! :) Replied 5 months ago
  29. i am in....should be fun! Replied 5 months ago
  30. I'll give it a shot! :) Replied 5 months ago
  31. Im in! Replied 5 months ago
  32. I'm In !!!
    Replied 5 months ago
  33. I confirm my participation :)
    Cheers
    Replied 5 months ago
  34. I confirm my participation :)
    Cheers
    Replied 5 months ago
  35. I'm in Ferdy! I've got some cool pictures from YNP coming to JD soon! :) Replied 5 months ago
  36. Count me in! Replied 5 months ago
  37. Count me in....although ill upload weekly, college and all Replied 5 months ago
  38. Im in...
    Replied 5 months ago
  39. i am in.
    By the way I kind of dumped photoos yesterday. Ive put them in a list this morning. Is there a way to post as a serie. I mean place in my case 12 photo's wich show a hatching dragonfly as a list with only one photo showing in de photoforum?
    Replied 5 months ago
  40. @Ellen: welcome to the contest. Not sure I understand your question. What is a photo forum? There are several photo streams (for example on the homepage, newest photos, etc), and there is this forum, which is not for photos, it is for talk/chat. Replied 5 months ago
  41. ive uploaded several photos of a hatching dragonfly. You can see them in my stream and in other streams. Its kind of spamming for persons not interested in the hatching. Ive also put them in a list now.
    Ive you could upload a whole serie at once and only the first foto is shown in the stream (with a alert on it that it is part of a serie ) it would look less like dumping. It guess it would be a new feature and i do not know of the software will allow such feature but you can put photos as an story under on photo. seems educational in my eyes.
    Replied 5 months ago
  42. Now I understand, thanks for explaining. What you want is currently not possible, so for now it's best to organize the photos in a list. It will still show up as several photos in the "newest photos" stream, but that's not a huge issue. What you did is allowed, and it documents an interesting process, so don't worry about it too much, we know you have the right intentions. I think the only comment by Wildflower was that in this case perhaps you could have reduced the series somewhat to photos showing progress in the process, because a few were near-duplicates.

An alternative could also be to make a photo composition (a very tall photo) showing the process in a single photo.

As said, no worries, I found it quite educational.
    Replied 5 months ago
  43. i just found out that you can also include img from other sites. so its possible to use a workaround with the help of imgur or photobucket..In the first reaction i can post the rest of the photos. If I use serie after te photo title one can see that there are more . Replied 5 months ago
  44. That's certainly possible, although I'd prefer you do post them here :) Note that in the description of a photo (or in a comment) you can also post links to other JungleDragon photos, which will then show up as a thumbnail.

Once again, there's no problem in posting the photos like you did. We don't consider it spam, it is an interesting series. The only feedback is that in the series, you could have perhaps posted only the ones that have a meaningful visual difference. For example, photos 8-12 are almost identical, and could be posted as just one. The whole series could perhaps be posted as 4 or 5 photos, because the other photos are too similar for people to see a difference.

Anyway, a consideration for next time. As said, no worries, it's no big deal. I'm happy you're engaging in the community, thank you for sharing your work here.
    Replied 5 months ago
  45. I'm in for the contest Replied 5 months ago
  46. Would like to participate Replied 5 months ago
  47. Like those before me, I wish to participate. Replied 5 months ago
  48. I'm in. Replied 5 months ago
  49. I'll throw my hat in the ring on these three as well. Replied 5 months ago
  50. Count me in. Replied 5 months ago
  51. I'm in. Replied 5 months ago
  52. participating .......
    Replied 5 months ago
  53. Participating
    Replied 5 months ago
  54. I'll be participating...thank you! Replied 5 months ago
  55. I'm in. Replied 5 months ago
  56. I'll try, I'm in. Replied 5 months ago
  57. Count me in too. I realized that I have not yet uploaded any photo's from my trip to Sri Lanka. Since Ferdy is going to visit Sri Lanka in the fall, this is a nice opportunity to showcase some of the wildlife there. Replied 5 months ago
  58. Count me in. Replied 5 months ago
  59. Im in Replied 5 months ago
  60. yeahh.. here i go.. n i ll do my best!! :) Replied 5 months ago
  61. I'm in!!! Replied 5 months ago
  62. Am participating. For sure. Replied 5 months ago
  63. is it ok to participate if its not summer down under were crawling into winter....would love to be in the game if thats ok.....cheers Replied 5 months ago
  64. @wildlifeonwalkabout: Of course you are welcome to join! Replied 5 months ago
  65. I'm in! Good luck to everyone! Replied 5 months ago
  66. I am in !!! :) Replied 5 months ago
  67. I am in !!! :) please check out my pictures and comment :)
    Replied 5 months ago, modified 5 months ago
  68. I am participating Replied 5 months ago
  69. I'm in! Replied 5 months ago
  70. I'm in! Replied 5 months ago
  71. I'm in. Replied 5 months ago
  72. ditto! Replied 5 months ago
  73. I'm in Replied 5 months ago
  74. Im in Replied 5 months ago
  75. Ready to participate. Replied 5 months ago
  76. I am in the contest, Good luck for you all :) Replied 5 months ago
  77. i an in the contest Replied 5 months ago
  78. I'm in! Replied 5 months ago
  79. Yihaaaaaa.... Replied 5 months ago
  80. I'm In!!!! Replied 5 months ago
  81. Thanks for running this contest. This is going to be great fun! Replied 5 months ago
  82. i am participating.
    Replied 5 months ago
  83. I'm in. Replied 5 months ago
  84. I'm in. Good luck to everyone. Replied 5 months ago
  85. I'm in!! :) Replied 5 months ago
  86. Sweet! I'm in! Replied 5 months ago
  87. I am participating in this contest! :) Replied 5 months ago
  88. I'm participating! Replied 5 months ago
  89. I am participating in this photo competition. Replied 5 months ago
  90. I would love to be a part of the competition :) Replied 5 months ago
  91. I'm in Replied 5 months ago
  92. I am in. Replied 5 months ago
  93. Count me in...good luck to everyone Replied 5 months ago
  94. I'm in! Replied 5 months ago
  95. I would like to participate in this competition. :0) Replied 5 months ago
  96. I would like to participate in this competition. :0) Replied 5 months ago
  97. I want to participate in this contest :) Replied 5 months ago
  98. I want to participate. Replied 5 months ago
  99. I'm in! Replied 5 months ago
  100. Hey Friends. Replied 5 months ago
  101. I'm in!
    Replied 5 months ago
  102. I am in! Replied 5 months ago
  103. Hello :) I'm new here but I'd like to participate! :) Replied 5 months ago
  104. yoo hoo i'm in Replied 5 months ago
  105. I'm in. Replied 5 months ago
  106. I'm in Replied 5 months ago
  107. Participating :) Replied 5 months ago
  108. when you will announce the result of the month contest?
    Thank you :)
    Replied 5 months ago
  109. @Waseem: For the June contest, I will announce the winner at June 30 end of day, July 1st at the latest. Replied 5 months ago
  110. Participating! Replied 5 months ago
  111. i am participating! Replied 5 months ago
  112. I'm in and looking forward to a great summer games! Replied 5 months ago
  113. I am excited to participate. :0)
    Replied 4 months ago
  114. Count me in. Hope I dont embarrass myself. Looking forward to viewing as well. Good luck folks! Replied 4 months ago
  115. Like to join this - naturally! Replied 4 months ago
  116. Let the games begin! Hehe Replied 4 months ago
  117. Admin message: The June contest is now closed, the winner is announced here:
    http://www.jungledragon.com/forum/5/contests/335/jungledragon_summer_games_june_july_august_2014_-_june_winner_announcement.html

The July contest is now open. Important messages:

- If you already confirmed in the thread above, there's no need to do it again for July.
    - Only photos posted in July apply to the July contest, do not repost earlier photos.
    - The same rules apply as stated in the top of this thread. Please go and read them.

I'd like to emphasize one particular rule that is ignored by quite a few in the previous contest: to share with care. Dumping a photo without any meaningful detail or context helps nobody. When you upload a photo named "IMG_032422", hardly anybody will see it because it cannot be found. It can't be found by search, not by tag, not by species and not by location on the map. The few visitors that do see it, have no idea what it is. Plus, it does not meet the minimum standard for the contest, so it is a waste of time sharing photos that way. Here's how to share with care:

- Upload the image file

- Click "edit details" below the photo

- Provide a meaningful description and title, and optionally tags. Use these fields to at least include basic scene details, such as species name or group, location, or details on how you captured the scene

- Next, try to identify the species, if you know it, using the "Identify species" button to the right of the photo. If you don't know the species name, share what you do know so that others can help. Do not wildly guess species.

- Optionally, include EXIF info in your images so others can learn from your settings

- Optionally, include geotag info in your images or manually geotag it in JungleDragon itself.

The better you describe your photo, the more context it has, the more people will find it, and the more meaningful it will become. One properly described image is worth more than 10 dumped photos. Quality over quantity.

Anyway, I hope this clarifies image sharing to those that are struggling. Feel free to ask if anything is unclear, and for now, good luck in the July contest!
    Replied 4 months ago
  118. I'd like to be in on the contest . But is there a subject other than just wildlife? Replied 4 months ago
  119. @Diana: No, as is clearly stated in the rules at the beginning of this thread:

"2. Your photos must be on topic. This is a wildlife photography website, and so is this contest. Do NOT post photos of people, objects or buildings. They will be deleted. Allowed: photos of natural landscapes, animals, plants and fungi in the wild, in zoos, and in your garden. Pet photos are not allowed"
    Replied 4 months ago
  120. I have some good photo I'll be sharing. Replied 4 months ago
  121. Yes! Replied 4 months ago
  122. I'm in Replied 4 months ago
  123. I'll join! Replied 4 months ago
  124. I'm in
    Replied 4 months ago
  125. Hi there, I'm new but would like to participate =) Replied 4 months ago
  126. I'm In Replied 4 months ago
  127. im in
    Replied 4 months ago
  128. Hello, I am here! Replied 4 months ago
  129. I'm in!! Replied 4 months ago
  130. Still there :) Replied 4 months ago
  131. I'm happy to participate! Replied 4 months ago
  132. I'm In! Replied 4 months ago
  133. Haven't been here in a while... I'm participating too :)
    Now if only I had some good photos... :-?
    Replied 4 months ago
  134. I'm in Replied 4 months ago
  135. I my have said this before, but I'm in as well. :) Replied 4 months ago
  136. Im in! Good luck everyone! Replied 4 months ago, modified 4 months ago
  137. I'm in! Replied 4 months ago
  138. I'm in! :) Replied 4 months ago
  139. I m in. Yes... :D Replied 4 months ago
  140. I'm in! Replied 4 months ago
  141. I am in too, and good luck to everyone! Replied 4 months ago
  142. I am also in. Replied 4 months ago
  143. I'm in!
    Replied 4 months ago
  144. I confirm my participation Replied 4 months ago
  145. I'm in! Replied 4 months ago
  146. I'm a newbie! I hope I win. Good luck to those who are against my picture(s) Replied 4 months ago
  147. I'm participating! Replied 4 months ago
  148. I'm participating! Can't wait! :) Replied 4 months ago
  149. I'm in to participate and have fun! Great pictures all! Replied 4 months ago
  150. Participating! Very excited :) Replied 4 months ago, modified 4 months ago
  151. Going to have a go at participating, hope its good! :) Replied 4 months ago
  152. Count me in :) Replied 4 months ago
  153. I'm In on this.
    Replied 4 months ago
  154. I'm participating!:) Replied 4 months ago
  155. i'm in Replied 4 months ago
  156. I´m in
    Good luck everyone
    Replied 4 months ago
  157. i m in sir ill try to make it !! win it !! Replied 4 months ago
  158. Im in (: Replied 4 months ago
  159. I don´t see my comment so I do it again.
    I'm participating
    Good luck everyone
    Replied 4 months ago
  160. I'm in! (: Replied 4 months ago
  161. I am participating in the contest! Replied 4 months ago
  162. Ready to contest Replied 4 months ago
  163. im in, lets DO THIS! Replied 4 months ago
  164. i am in Replied 4 months ago
  165. I'm new, but I'm in :) Replied 4 months ago
  166. I'll join! Replied 4 months ago
  167. Where do we post our photos too? Replied 4 months ago
  168. @gilliankenyon: Please read the contest rules and explanation at the top of this thread. Replied 4 months ago
  169. Im in! :) Replied 4 months ago
  170. I'd like to join the contest! Replied 4 months ago
  171. My post here. Replied 4 months ago
  172. I am going to try! I'm in! Replied 4 months ago
  173. I'm in :) Replied 4 months ago
  174. I'm in! Replied 4 months ago
  175. Im ins :) Replied 4 months ago
  176. I would like to participate! Replied 4 months ago
  177. I'm in! Replied 4 months ago
  178. Arrgg I posted 2 pictures but forgot to confirm in here :P
    I'm in! :P
    Replied 4 months ago
  179. I'll give it a shot Replied 4 months ago
  180. I am participating :) Replied 4 months ago
  181. i'm In!! Replied 4 months ago
  182. I'm in ! Replied 4 months ago
  183. I'm in! Replied 3 months ago
  184. I'm in! Replied 3 months ago
  185. I am in :) Replied 3 months ago
  186. I'm in! Replied 3 months ago
  187. I'm in! Replied 3 months ago
  188. I'm participating! Replied 3 months ago
  189. I'm in! Replied 3 months ago
  190. Count me in like Larry Flynn Replied 3 months ago
  191. I m in.. for the August month.. :)
    Cudnt participate for June, July... was a little busy unfortunately...!!!
    Replied 3 months ago
  192. Im in Replied 3 months ago
  193. I'm in Replied 3 months ago
  194. im in!!! Replied 3 months ago
  195. I am In! Replied 3 months ago
  196. Yes ! i m in.
    Replied 3 months ago
  197. I'm In! Replied 3 months ago
  198. i'm in as well! Replied 3 months ago
  199. I'm in! Replied 3 months ago
  200. Im in! :) Replied 3 months ago
  201. I'm in! Replied 3 months ago
  202. I am in! Replied 3 months ago
  203. I'm in!! :) Replied 3 months ago
  204. I am in!
    http://alexandrahurleyphotography.com
    Replied 3 months ago
  205. I'm in! :) Replied 3 months ago
  206. First Contest. And I'm in. Replied 3 months ago
  207. Let it begin Replied 3 months ago
  208. I'm in!
    Replied 3 months ago
  209. I'm in :) Replied 3 months ago
  210. I would like to be included! Replied 3 months ago
  211. Let's do it! Replied 3 months ago
  212. I am in.. Replied 3 months ago
  213. Count me in :) Replied 3 months ago
  214. I'm going to try to enter for August. Replied 3 months ago
  215. I'm in! Replied 3 months ago
  216. I'm in! :) Replied 3 months ago
  217. I'm in Replied 3 months ago
  218. I confirm my participation! Replied 3 months ago
  219. I'm new and I'm in for a try! Replied 3 months ago
  220. I'll try Replied 3 months ago
  221. Entering :) Replied 3 months ago
  222. I'm in! Replied 3 months ago
  223. i am in...!!! Replied 3 months ago
  224. i am in Replied 3 months ago
  225. let's go ! Replied 3 months ago
  226. I'm in for this contest. Replied 3 months ago
  227. I'm in for the contest :) Replied 3 months ago
  228. http://www.jungledragon.com/image/20708

Here i am this is me...
    Replied 3 months ago
  229. Participating, super cool;) Replied 3 months ago
  230. I am participating. Thanks for running a great site! Replied 3 months ago
  231. I am participating. Replied 3 months ago
  232. I can't wait to participate and be a part of this fantastic looking community. I look forward to sharing my work and getting some much needed feedback. Replied 3 months ago
  233. I am in the contest! : ) Replied 3 months ago
  234. I'm participating in the contest Replied 3 months ago
  235. I am in for competition Replied 3 months ago
  236. I will participate Replied 3 months ago
  237. I'll be participating Replied 3 months ago
  238. I'll participate! Replied 3 months ago
  239. I'm in, thank you! Replied 3 months ago
  240. im in! Replied 3 months ago
  241. Just found the site & would like to participate.
    Replied 3 months ago
  242. I would love to participate. Lovely website and great photos.
    Regards.
    Replied 3 months ago
  243. I would like to participate.I'm in! Replied 3 months ago
  244. I'm in! Replied 3 months ago
  245. I'm in as well :) Replied 3 months ago
  246. I confirm my participation
    Cheers
    Replied 3 months ago
  247. I am participating in this contest, thank you. Replied 3 months ago
  248. im defo in :) Replied 3 months ago
  249. I am in! I am in! Replied 3 months ago
  250. I'm in! Replied 3 months ago
  251. I am Qixia, I also participate. that is my real name Replied 3 months ago
  252. Looking forward to participating! Replied 2 months ago
  253. i am participating. Replied 2 months ago, modified 2 months ago
  254. I'm in Replied 2 months ago
  255. Great , I'm in. Replied 2 months ago
  256. Note that this contest is now closed. I will announce the winner tonight. Replied 2 months ago

Forum rules

Be respectful to others. No spamming or trolling. No advertising. Mind your language. Post in the right forum. Thanks!

How to include photos, videos and more

You can include several objects in your forum topic and replies by simply pasting a URL in the body field. Examples:

Photo

http://www.jungledragon.com/image/7/elephant.html

Photo list

http://www.jungledragon.com/list/3/mammals.html

Tag

http://www.jungledragon.com/tag/12/elephants.html

User

http://www.jungledragon.com/user/2/fchristant.html

Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqRn3at0H60

Vimeo

http://vimeo.com/23864381