Learn about our special photo assignments and win cool prizes!
[contest ended, you can no longer participate in this contest]
I am proud to present the second JungleDragon photo contest in which both you and nature itself will be paid. This concerns the October 2012 contest. Please see below the prices and rules.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
1. If you're not yet a member of JungleDragon, join
2. Post a comment on this thread to confirm you are participating
3. You're in. Upload wildlife photos to compete in the contest.
1. 100$ in cash for the best photo, judged by its karma score which is calculated from image resolution, inclusion of exif/iptc info, votes, comments, views and favorites automatically.
2. 100$ in cash for the person that contributes the most photos. For example, you may have submitted 50 great photos but you did not win the "best photo" prize. This prize values the contribution you made despite not having the one best photo. Note that only photos that comply with JungleDragon's policy count, see rules below.
3. 100$ for nature. To show our commitment to wildlife preservation, JungleDragon will donate 100$ to a wildlife charity that is to be decided as per the end of this contest.
1. Use only one JungleDragon account per person
2. The contest runs from Oct 1 - Oct 31 2012, only photos submitted between that period apply to the contest. Do not repost photos you contributed earlier.
3. Payment to the winners is done via Paypal only
4. The normal photo rules apply for this contest:
- You must be the owner of the image
- The image must be on topic (wildlife, nature landscapes, animals, plants)
- Slight variations of the same scene count as one contribution only
- Frames and watermarks allowed but keep it reasonable
- Post a reasonable minimum resolution and image quality
5. Put effort into sharing your photo. Provide a meaningful title and description. If you can and where relevant, identify the specie on the photo. Geotagging is also encouraged, but optional. Do not "dump-and-go". Photos without any metadata do not qualify for the "most photos" prize.
6. You are allowed and even encouraged to market your own contributions outside JungleDragon
7. Although we will not prevent you from deleting your own images, you are expected to keep your contributions on JungleDragon for all to enjoy after the contest.
8. It is not possible for the same person to earn both prize 1 and 2. Even if a single person has both the best and the most photos contributes, one prize will be rewarded only. The second prize will then go to the runner-up.
9. Should the interest and amount of contributions in the contest be too small to reasonably select a valid winner, the organizer has the right to change the contest setup or to extend the timeline of the contest.
10. Any photos submitted by the owner of JungleDragon (me) do not participate in the contest.
11. And the final rule...good luck and have fun!
Of course I am in! Won't win the most photos though, I bet. I am too selective, but hey maybe I'll change that;) Naah. Good luck all!
Nice competition Ferdy! May the best woman/man win, and lots of fun in this run!
Thank you Ludo, glad you're in. Good luck and have fun!
Yep, count me in as well. Good timing on the Competition as I am currently in Austria taking a few photos. Have to upload them when I return.
Count me in, too! (Not for the win, but for the fun...)
@DragonC and @gglaeser: thanks for joing and enjoy! Spread the word.
@Andrey: Thanks for confirming!
Thanks for the opportunity, I'm in.
Welcome on board @Shimi and @Joost!
I'm new today and just seen this contest. Going to give it a shot, got to be in it to win it :-) Good luck everyone!!
Thanks for joining @pekin, good luck in the contest!
Would like to join the contest.
I would love to join the contest! Thanks for the opportunity!
excited about entering this!! some beautiful photo's on here
Hello to all!)
Im in !
I am in!
I want to participate! :)
Snap I'm in...
Wanted to show people my pictures I've taken..doesn't matter if I win just want to show.
I would like to participate
Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to the contest. Let's all enjoy the ride, if only for the fun of it:)
I want in on the contest ;)
i would like to participate
I would like to join the contest, thank you.
When Nature calls--you answer! I am in on the contest.
Thanks to all new participants and good luck with the contest! And of course I hope you stick around after the contest as well :)
One small note, I spotted a few photos that are invalid, such as photos of pets, people and general objects. Those are not wildlife photos and therefore they are offtopic and will be deleted. I hope you understand.
count me in my first contest
I'd like to participate, please. Thank you. I like the site so far. :-)
Hi! Newbie here ;)
Count me in.
What a good day today is, welcome to all the new members and good luck in the contest!
Hey everyone! I'm new here.
I would love to participate. Thank you for the opportunity!
Nice Site! I´m new too, will enter the contest ;)
Looks like a fun one! I'm in.
Im in For sure check me out
Sounds like fun! Count me in! :)
I like it. Count me in.
I'm in :)
I'm in! :)
I'm definitely in!
Nice to see so many new faces in the jungle - a very warm welcome to all of you!
Please remember Ferdy's note: Keep this a wildlife-photo-site, don't post your pics if they're off topic! And please, give them titles that describe the contents - a simple "Parrot" would be much more valuable than just an "IMG_00095". Thanks!
That said: Show your pics & have fun in the jungle!
I am in ...
I have created an account here and have uploaded some pics .... is that it to enter into the contest ?
I mean do I need to tag the pics or something like that???
hi Bhavik: nope, you're in the contest by replying to this thread. Please read the instructions at the beginning of this thread.
And to all new members, indeed what @gglaeser said above:
- Only on-topic photos. So no photos of pets, people, buildings, objects. This is a site about nature and wildlife only.
- Give your photo at least a meaningful title, and also a description. If you can, identify the specie on the photo (you can do this to the right of the photo), and geotagging is also nice, but optional.
Why this last rule? If you just dump a photo without any context or metadata, nobody will know what they're looking at. Also, after about one hour your photo will be out of sight and nobody will ever see it again, since it will never come up by searching or browsing.
I will NOT grant the "most photos" prize to people who dump-and-go on a large scale.
Thanks for understanding these rules, they are for the better of this site and its users, not to hamper you.
Keep sharing, and good luck!
I am new here but love this site, I'm in!!!
Welcome on board, Britney and Stephanie, good luck and have fun. We're glad to have you here.
I'd like to join the contest
Looking forward to participating in your contest! Thanks.
I would like to participate in the contest also. :)
Im in. Now which pictures to choose?
@Grey: That's up to you, as long as they are valid according to the JungleDragon rules :) Please see the rules on top of this thread.
I amin best of luck to all.
I am in on this. good luck.
i am in..
Count me in. :)
Count me in
October 12, this is currently the winning photo:
Think you can do better? Keep sharing, there's plenty of time left.
I am in
Count me in, but that's stiff competition :)
hello, ..... i love this site !!!
Would love to participate in your contests! Enjoying the site very much.
I'm in!! :)
I'm in! :)
Lots of photos coming your way!!!
I am definitely in!!! :)
Thanks for the great opportunity, I will definitely be entering! (:
Giving this a try
I will be entering :) Good luck to everyone else entering!
I would like to participate in the competition as well!
I'm in :)
im in too
I'm new here too and I'm also in.
I am participating
Hello, I think this looks like a hoot. I;m in. Lets get ready to rumble!
I love nature!
:) count me in on the contest :)
Count me in!
Count me in as well.
im in! :)
count me in :)
yahooo!!! where to upload the picture entry?
I'm new here, but very excited to participate!!
I just need to figure out how exactly.. =P
@Djiin: Welcome to JungleDragon. By posting the above comment, you are already participating in the contest. You can now use the Upload button in the menu to start sharing images. Two particular points of attention:
- Stay on topic: only photos of nature and wildlife. Photos of people, buildings, objects and pets are offtopic and do not count.
- Share with care. For each photo, please take some time to at least enter a title and description.
Hi, I'm new here too. I'd like to enter also. Thank you.
i am in...!!!
Me too ..... having problems with uploading any pictures today :-(
@Martina: what's the problem? It seems to work for me just fine.
I'd like to join!
I'm in !
Greetings from me here in Norway!
I am in on this contest :)
Hi- great to be in. Good luck to all.
Thanks for the help! =D I barely made it back here on time, uploading in a minute!!
There like swimwear
I am in
@Sandy: sorry but you are too late, the contest is closed.
hello every body